Image by Forbes
Taylor Swift is an American singer-songwriter. She is one of the world’s best-selling music artists, having sold more than 50 million albums and 150 million single downloads. She is known for narrative songs about her personal life, which have received widespread media coverage.
So, why does she matter and what is going on with her in the music industry? For one thing, according to Forbes, she is America’s Richest self-made woman.
Sure there are over 99 more women on the list, but at #34, Swift’s name is an apposite reminder of a woman who is big for business. Taylor Swift was born on December 13, 1989 in Reading, Pennsylvania.
Forbes: Books. Biometrics. Beauty products. These 100 entrepreneurs, executives and entertainers made their fortunes in every conceivable way. Bolstered in part by a rebound in the stock market, they are cumulatively worth a record $124 billion, up nearly 12% from a year ago. Building supply distributor Diane Hendricks remains No. 1 for the sixth year in a row, with a $15 billion net worth. Showrunner Shonda Rhimes and Insitro CEO Daphne Koller, whose firm is using AI to develop drugs more quickly, are among the eight newcomers.
- After releasing her album “Midnights” in October 2022, Taylor Swift became the first artist in history to claim the top ten spots on the Billboard Hot 100 song list.
- In 2021, Swift began releasing re-records of her older music in order to regain their ownership rights. Red (Taylor’s Version) became her 10th album to reach No. 1 on the Billboard 200.
- In July 2020, Swift surprise-released “Folklore,” written and produced entirely in quarantine. It was the year’s first album to sell 1 million units. In December, she surprise-released “Evermore.”
- Swift has leveraged her fame to encourage political action, asking fans to support the Equality Act with her 2019 single “You Need To Calm Down.”
- In November 2022, demand for tickets to her 2023 Eras Tour overwhelmed Ticketmaster, prompting members of Congress to question the company’s hold on concert sales.
- Forbes Lists
- America’s Self-Made Women (2023)
- Power Women (2022)
Taylor Swift is single, resides in Nashville, Tennessee and is a high school graduate.
The Eras Tour is the ongoing sixth headlining concert tour by American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift.
Dates: Fri, Mar 17, 2023 – Wed, Aug 9, 2023